Monday, September 10, 2012

Shentel Commercial, Moving back to Cali!

So, that audition I had with Erica Arvold for the Shentel commercial I had last week? Well... I got it! :D Woot! It is filming on Thursday, and sometime before then I'm supposed to be contacted by the production company about what time and what I'm supposed to bring, etc. So excited! This commercial pays more than I would make in two weeks at the restaurant! Granted, I only work one day a week, but still. lol. Because of our society's taboo on talking about money, I have an ingrained aversion to saying how much I'm going to make, but if I'm striving to be honest on this blog, I have to bite the bullet and just say it. lol. It's no huge number, but it's the biggest paycheck I will have received to date, not only for acting, but in general. I will make $500 for this commercial - and I'm not even a principal role in it! :P Hopefully, that means that from here on out, I can expect to make that much or more for any acting jobs I get. Now, just to make sure I actually get jobs. That's the hard part. =/
Also, my computer came in today (hence why I'm writing another post - I seriously hated typing on an ipad for the last two weeks).
And, I signed a lease, and am moving in to the apartment in California on the 28th! Which means I am starting my cross-country drive with my mother-in-law on the 24th. I have a modeling gig on the 22nd for another $100, and this is my last week of work at the Grille. Money is really going to be tight for the next couple of days until I get paid at the Grille - I had to pay a deposit for the apartment and the car payment goes through today, leaving me about $20 in the checking account to get through til Wednesday - and if I can't pick my check up on Wednesday, I won't be able to deposit it until Friday. Eesh. Well, enough about my finances!
Well, that concludes my update. Unfortunately, my move means I won't be getting any more jobs any time soon cause I have to get settled. But once I'm in California, or, most likely I will start on the drive, I will submit to casting calls and hopefully get some auditions when I get back.
That's all for now!
Thanks! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is one of the great post I found and read so better to better to keep reading on this post that talks about commercial moving Burnaby.

    ReplyDelete