Thursday, August 23, 2012

MDPPA Eco/Chic Wedding Shoot and Disney Audition

So yesterday was the Wedding shoot for the Maryland Professional Photographer's Association. I left the house at about 10:30 and didn't get home until almost midnight! It was a long day but so worth it! It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot and met a bunch of really amazing photographers, make up artists, hair stylists and a whole host of wedding vendors. Not that I need any wedding vendors. lol. But still, it's good to network!
And it was so exciting to get paid. Now, I am both a professional actress AND a professional model. I haven't gotten paid to sing - or even be in a musical, but I guess that's next on my list!
It was so cool to have my makeup done professionally. I've always done my own (and everybody else's lol) and most times when I've had the opportunity to have someone else do my makeup, I've turned it down cause I was more comfortable doing my own or thought I would do a better job, etc. But Christine Penny with Angelberry Organics was so great to work with and I thought she did a fabulous job!
Below are two pics - not great quality - but you can see the before and after! It wasn't a great skin day for me, but I love the way it turned out! I can't wait to see the real pics from all of the different photographers. Now I know why some models can be very full of themselves. When you have 15 different photographers constantly telling you how "gorgeous" you are, or what "beautiful eyes" you have, it would be very easy to let it go to your head! lol. I promise not to let it get to me and remain down to earth and humble. :)





Next Tuesday, I am flying out to California to audition for a Disney performance on Wednesday. The show is called Minnie's Fly Girls and it is performed at the Disney California Adventure park. It's a group of three flight attendants from the 50's-ish singing songs about flying from the 40's-60's. The videos I've seen of past performances look really cute and I think it'd be tons of fun to be a Disney performer, at least for a little while. :) So, as soon as I finish this post I'm going to have to book a hotel and figure out which airport I'm flying into! (Either LAX or Burbank - Burbank is closer, but there are fewer flights and I'd be flying standby...) The audition itself is being held at the Debbie Reynolds Studio in Hollywood - which I think is exciting in and of itself. The studio is infamous, and I love Debbie Reynolds - or, what I know of her. lol. I've seen her on So You Think You Can Dance. :)
I'm still deciding on an audition outfit and musical selection as well, and tomorrow I am meeting with my former voice instructor at Sweet Briar College, Marcia Thom, to work on my audition piece.
Well, that's all for now!
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment