Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Midsummer Night's Dream, and a wedding shoot modeling gig!

So, it's been a little while since I last posted, but the acting stuff has been a little slow lately. Well, I guess that's not entirely true. I did just finish the two weekend-run of A Midsummer Night's Dream, in which I played Titania. It was at a community theater about an hour from my house. It was a lot of fun! There were a lot of talented, young actors in the cast. One of whom, Nerissa Serah Hart, is now a YouTube partner (meaning she's getting paid!) and I thought I'd just post the link to her channel. You know, help a friend out... what goes around comes around... etc.

Me as Titania in the Fauquier Community Theater's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream


Well, the other day, I submit myself to a bunch of postings and casting calls, as usual, and I got a response! It was from the president of the Maryland Professional Photographer's Association about a wedding shoot they're doing at the end of August. He said he liked my look, thought I didn't look like the typical blonde, bridal model (um... thanks?) and that I looked mysterious. Which is apparently what he wanted for the woodland-y shoot they're doing. He talked to my manager, and he then told me to go for it, even though I wasn't going to be compensated in any way other than getting copies of the pictures. And possibly being reimbursed for gas. Well, I talked to the president of the association - Mike Busada - today and he said that I will be being paid now! Woot! :) I'm super excited. I'll be getting my hair and makeup done, and wearing a nice wedding dress (which I should get to see a picture of this week) and it should be fun! Oh, Mike Busada has a pinterest board of his inspiration for the shoot. 

Of course, as soon as I find out more, and after the shoot as well, I will post an update! 
That's all for now!
Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment