Monday, August 27, 2012

Shoots, Shows, and Funding

So, I have a couple of shoots and stuff coming up! :) First, I have a runway show on Thursday for a company called Usanii House. Then, next Thursday, I have a mock Engagement shoot, and I also have a Devotional video shoot for Catholic University in the works. I got hired for that one because of my eyes. :) Yay! That last one is the only paid job of the three... but hopefully more will come.
My facebook fan page has been growing! I have been networking and getting tips from a fellow Marine wife and model - Tinisha Portillo - which has been super helpful with marketing myself.

On a side note, last night I took some headshots for some actors from the show I was recently in (for which I was paid) and imported them into my laptop and a few minutes later, my computer promptly crashed and wouldn't turn back on. After driving all over today going to the Mac Genius Bar and another store to try some other method they couldn't do at the Genius Bar... there has been so far no luck at recovering any of my data. SO MANY PICTURES! On top of the many headshots I just took (about 800 pictures) there were also 1200 pictures worth of my sister's engagement session, and a friend's newborn session. Tomorrow I am taking it to a local Apple store that was closed today to see if there's anything they can do... but it looks like I'm going to be needing a new computer. I knew I needed one, and was planning on replacing it... but not until the end of the year. So, that on top of other things spurned me to wonder if people might help contribute to funding my career. Gas alone is expensive - I've been paid, but not enough to cover the cost of gas, let alone my acting lessons. And when I get back to California, I want to continue my screen acting education as well as take dance lessons. So, I set up a GoFundMe account. This page, aside from being super cute, allows well-wishers, and kind and generous folk, to donate to my career! There are "rewards" - so if you donate a set amount, you get a reward - you'll just have to go check it out to see! :D But, for a small rundown of expenses... Acting lessons cost about $300 for 5 classes. At least, they did in Richmond, but they are slightly more expensive in Orange County, California. Dance/Fitness classes will cost about $175 for one month. Aside from dance it is also Yoga and Aerial Yoga/Tissu and things of that nature. As I mentioned, there's gas, and then I want to be able to do photography, which means funding that as well. I need Adobe Photoshop or something of that sort - that is $600. The Mac photo editing program, Aperture, although not as good, would suffice for a little while. That is $70. A new computer, with all of the memory that I would require as well as external drive for backup etcetera, would be almost $2000. Then I have to print headshots to take to auditions - about $25 for 5 prints. Business cards, postcards... another $25 at least. What does that come to? I'll round it up to $3000. Ugh. Hence, why it would be soooo lovely if my new fans and family members and friends wanted to contribute. Well, I'm not expecting any will - or not very much at least, but every little bit helps.
There is now a widget on the bottom of my homepage of this blog that allows you to click and donate. :)

Well, that's all for now.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment